There are questions in life that trouble all of us. What happens when I die? Where will I spend eternity? The single most important question that you will ever answer is this – ‚ÄúIf I were to die today, would I spend eternity in Heaven with God?‚Äù Your relationship to Jesus Christ is central to the answer to that question.
The Bible tells us in I John 5:12, ‚ÄúThese things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…‚Äù The simple truth is that God wants you to know where you’re going! So, here it is in a nutshell:
* First, you must understand your need for a personal Saviour. The Bible is very clear that we all have a huge problem called sin. Romans 3:23 says it this way, ‚ÄúFor all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.‚Äù This verse simply means that none of us are perfect. Are you willing to admit that?
* The problem is this – sin has a high price tag. Romans 6:23a says, ‚ÄúFor the wages of sin is death…‚Äù In other words, the price for sin is eternal death apart from God in a place called Hell – not a good thing! Because of our sin, none of us can make it into Heaven alone.
* Here’s the good news – God sent help! The rest of Romans 6:23 says, ‚Äú…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.‚Äù Again in Romans 5:8 God says, ‚ÄúBut God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!‚Äù This leads us to the second step.
* You must believe that Jesus Christ wants to be your Saviour! Jesus Christ came to earth as God in the flesh, lived a perfect life, and then voluntarily died on a cross because He loves you. On that cross, He literally paid for all of your sins. He took your blame! He punished Himself for your wrong-doings. What a great gift!
* John 3:16 says, ‚ÄúFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.‚Äù God, in His awesome love, came to earth to make a way for you to be forgiven of your sins and given eternal life!
* Finally, you must place your full trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Romans 10:13 says, ‚ÄúFor whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.‚Äù In verse ten of that same chapter, God says, ‚ÄúFor with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.‚Äù He says it’s as simple as believing and receiving! It’s as simple as asking!
If you’ve never asked Jesus Christ to be your personal Saviour, you could do that right now! With Him in your heart, life will make a lot more sense. You could stop right now and sincerely pray something like this:
Lord Jesus, I believe that You are God, that You died for my sin, and that You rose again from the dead. I know that I am a sinner, and I ask You now to be my personal Saviour. I’m placing my full trust in You alone, and I now accept Your gift of eternal life. Thank you for keeping Your promise! Amen.
You’ll never regret that decision! If you have just trusted Christ, we would love to know about your decision and give you a Bible and some other materials to help you learn more about that new relationship! Give us a call at 480.857.0455 and let us know today!